KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

diffcult conversations

+5
Zod the everliving
LyingBastard
Mountebank
Domina
Kid-spider2099
9 posters

Go down

diffcult conversations Empty diffcult conversations

Post  Kid-spider2099 Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:55 pm

dontcha just hate them. I know i do. I had one. My mom asked me what where i see myself in five years and we proceeded to talk me getting job that would me allow me to move out. How my schooling (post high school) didn't really amount to much. So basically now i feel like crap. I don't know what i wanna do thats why i'm still living at my parents house at age 32. I don't wanna be there but at the same time i really don't wanna live in a card board box under a free way overpass.

I know i need a better job i suck at job searching i wish i could hire somebody to find me a job.

I need a hug.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

diffcult conversations Empty Re: diffcult conversations

Post  Domina Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Kid-spider2099 wrote:dontcha just hate them. I know i do. I had one. My mom asked me what where i see myself in five years and we proceeded to talk me getting job that would me allow me to move out. How my schooling (post high school) didn't really amount to much. So basically now i feel like crap. I don't know what i wanna do thats why i'm still living at my parents house at age 32. I don't wanna be there but at the same time i really don't wanna live in a card board box under a free way overpass.

I know i need a better job i suck at job searching i wish i could hire somebody to find me a job.

I need a hug.
*Hugz*
Domina
Domina
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountebank Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 am

Does the job you have now have a management track?
Mountebank
Mountebank
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Kid-spider2099 Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 am

Mountebank wrote:Does the job you have now have a management track?

yes it's but jack in the box. and i'd rather get out of food service.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  LyingBastard Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 am

Yeah, but if you get on the management track in food service, they sometimes offer education benefits, meaning you could afford to go back and get a degree. The job market now isn't great, but you look like a much better prospect with a college degree.
LyingBastard
LyingBastard
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Zod the everliving Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:25 am

Or worse comes to worse, get on management track. And keep your ears open for corporate gigs tat may become avaialble to jack in the box employees.
Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 pm

First off *hugs* sometimes those talks can be hard.

Second off, I think the management idea is not a bad one. The pay is at least better and that's a start. As far as where to live, one good option for someone with one income is to try and find someone that's letting out a room instead of a whole place all your own. It's at least a step in the right direction and a bit more manageable finances wise. You live in a big enough area that I think you could find something.

Another thing to look into might be grants to go back to school. I don't know about there, but here if I actually got up the gumption to go back to school there are enough grant options available to me that I could have my schooling paid and at least some of my bills as well (actually considering it and looking into it- and there's that gumption thing again Razz)

I can't say I blame your mom for being concerned- I don't think it's good for you to still be living a home, you need to get out and find some independence. It would do wonders for your feelings of self worth and accomplishment.

So figure out what you want, figure out what you need to do to make it happen and get going! Wink I think the hard part is just figuring out what you do and don't have control over, and setting goals accordingly. You can do it Chuck, it may be really really hard to start, but that's just momentum. Once you get going you'll keep rolling Smile
HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kid-spider2099 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:30 pm

HeavenlyMayday wrote:First off *hugs* sometimes those talks can be hard.

Second off, I think the management idea is not a bad one. The pay is at least better and that's a start. As far as where to live, one good option for someone with one income is to try and find someone that's letting out a room instead of a whole place all your own. It's at least a step in the right direction and a bit more manageable finances wise. You live in a big enough area that I think you could find something.

Another thing to look into might be grants to go back to school. I don't know about there, but here if I actually got up the gumption to go back to school there are enough grant options available to me that I could have my schooling paid and at least some of my bills as well (actually considering it and looking into it- and there's that gumption thing again Razz)

I can't say I blame your mom for being concerned- I don't think it's good for you to still be living a home, you need to get out and find some independence. It would do wonders for your feelings of self worth and accomplishment.

So figure out what you want, figure out what you need to do to make it happen and get going! Wink I think the hard part is just figuring out what you do and don't have control over, and setting goals accordingly. You can do it Chuck, it may be really really hard to start, but that's just momentum. Once you get going you'll keep rolling Smile

the schooling isn't bad idea i just don't know if any good at. I didn't work that hard when i went to art school so i'm not sure if i would work any harder in community college or the like.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  LyingBastard Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Then tell yourself you WILL work harder. Then you DO work harder.

Because hitting the books a few hours more is going to suck a whole lot less than being a 45 year old virgin fry cook.
LyingBastard
LyingBastard
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kid-spider2099 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:35 pm

LyingBastard wrote:Then tell yourself you WILL work harder. Then you DO work harder.

Because hitting the books a few hours more is going to suck a whole lot less than being a 45 year old virgin fry cook.

i am not a fry cook.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  LyingBastard Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Kid-spider2099 wrote:
LyingBastard wrote:Then tell yourself you WILL work harder. Then you DO work harder.

i am not a fry cook.

I was using that as a generic for "fast food worker". I'm sure there are subtle differences, but I honestly could not give less of a shit about them.
LyingBastard
LyingBastard
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Kid-spider2099 wrote:
HeavenlyMayday wrote:First off *hugs* sometimes those talks can be hard.

the schooling isn't bad idea i just don't know if any good at. I didn't work that hard when i went to art school so i'm not sure if i would work any harder in community college or the like.

Difficult or not, good at it or not if you don't apply yourself to SOMETHING you'll never get anywhere. It takes work and discipline to accomplish anything that's worth doing. It's a part of life! Opportunities don't come looking for you, good things don't just fall into your lap- you have to MAKE things happen. In the end it all boils down to what's important to you, what you want, how badly you want it and what are you willing to do to get it? Because just wanting something isn't enough. You have to GO for it!

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  gnurd Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:31 pm

If you're not sure about the Jack-in-the-Box management track and don't find school to tickle your fancy, you might consider learning a trade, which is something you can often get started at a community college. Mechanic stuff, plumbing, electricity, blacktopping, construction, house painting. From what I understand, a fella can make some good money with those uniony type jobs.
gnurd
gnurd
No Life

http://www.skippinginfinity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LyingBastard Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 pm

What it boils down to, Chuck, is that it's your life, and ain't no body else gonna fucking do it for you. Pick something and go for it - even if you fail, at least you'll be in motion.

Last edited by LyingBastard on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
LyingBastard
LyingBastard
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  RowanFalar Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:02 pm

LyingBastard wrote:What it boils down to, Chuck, is that it's your life, and ain't no body else gonna fucking it for you. Pick something and go for it - even if you fail, at least you'll be in motion.

QFT
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  chibibar Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 am

Yo buddy, I say take the management track and take advantage of the system they have in place "school and stuff)

plus it works to YOUR benefit. you will have management experience when you DO apply to other places. (it helps) and you can get further education without dipping too much into your personal fund (depending on the program you might not have to pay at all) it is a win-win.

I know it is going to be hard, but if you REALLY want to move out, then this is the path you have to take. Bite the bullet, it will be better for you in the long run.

Also, when you do become management, at least you will be making more money that you can sustain yourself.

chibibar
Trying Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountebank Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:14 pm

The reason I suggested a management track in your current company, is that chances are you know your company. You know the opportunities, how the system works, and you know the people to talk to. If you want to move away from fast food, do it when you've got a better salary under your belt, and you're not starting from scratch somewhere else.
Mountebank
Mountebank
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum