KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's to the Newest of All the Years!

+3
Mountebank
RowanFalar
gnurd
7 posters

Go down

Here's to the Newest of All the Years! Empty Here's to the Newest of All the Years!

Post  gnurd Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:19 pm

So, it's 2011 now. I rang it in at a very low-key party that had a disturbing lack of women, but it was alright hangin' with the boys. Here in Chicago, it was 50 degrees yesterday, which I don't ever recall experiencing on New Years. Today, the weather is giving us back our traditional 20 degree January weather, even though no one asked for it.

Some people have made "Top 10 Albums of 2010" lists. I realized that out of all the albums I bought this last year, only two were actually published in 2010, so here's my "Top 2 Albums of 2010."
‎1. 99 Songs of the Revolution, Vol. 1- Streetlight Manifesto.
2. You by Me, Vol. 1- Dan Potthast and Toh Kay split EP

I think I'm going to give up drinking pop (soda or coke for you weird people) this year. We'll see what happens.

I also thought about not drinking any alcohol anymore. Not because I have a problem with it, but more because I know I won't be missing anything.

So that was my stream of consciousness on the new year. What's yours?
gnurd
gnurd
No Life

http://www.skippinginfinity.com

Back to top Go down

Here's to the Newest of All the Years! Empty Re: Here's to the Newest of All the Years!

Post  RowanFalar Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:50 pm

cherub and I spent it a friends house, playing Dominion, reminiscing about past gaming exploits. This past year has not been one of the best, with my niece diagnosed with Hodgkins, and then relapsing just before Xmas, cherub's continued unemployment and chronic shortage of money.

This year HAS to get better. Please....
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Here's to the Newest of All the Years! Empty Re: Here's to the Newest of All the Years!

Post  Mountebank Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:06 pm

I spent it in one of the busiest nights at work I've seen. I think the snow kept people in over the Christmas period and when it melted they all decided to go insane.
Mountebank
Mountebank
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post  General Specific Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 pm

I got my car fixed yesterday and spent today cooped up inside by myself. I was supposed to have a game day w/ friends, but illness (theirs, not mine) canceled it. After all the running around and traveling I did over Christmas, it was a bit of a welcome reprieve.
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kid-spider2099 Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:41 pm

wait gnurd drinks booze?
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Fed someone dinner and played with the Wii for a bit, then headed over to our cousin's house. The kids all played Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly (I kid you not, there IS such a thing Razz) while us grown ups were much more mature and watched Pinky and the Brain.

The first thing I did in 2011 was kiss my husband, so I think I started the year off on the right foot.

I am trying to take better care of myself this year, be more positive, be more conscientious, and spend more time with my family (ie, off the computer)

Remembered my vitamins and supplements 2 days in a row, that's a good start right?

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  gnurd Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Kid-spider2099 wrote:wait gnurd drinks booze?

I'm 24. I'm allowed to. I have never been drunk, though.
gnurd
gnurd
No Life

http://www.skippinginfinity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:36 am

gnurd wrote:
Kid-spider2099 wrote:wait gnurd drinks booze?

I'm 24. I'm allowed to. I have never been drunk, though.

I keep thinking you're still a teenager, lol. I feel old... Wink

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  maron Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:10 am

Bar and I did the crazy thing and hosted an after party for new years which was pretty much a 12am - 11:30 pm party which actually went from 6pm-11:30pm the next day. I got about maybe 2 hours of sleep between the 31st and passing out at about midnight on the 1-2nd.
Bar cooked breakfast and we were having a castle marathon. It was fun but I don't think I want to do it again.
maron
maron
Exorcised...

http://heavenlymaron.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum