KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job

3 posters

Go down

I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job Empty I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job

Post  HeavenlyMayday Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 am

Where there are enough people to cover all shifts and possible sick days/requested days off. Here I am, sick as can be, and I can't even bring myself to call in sick because there is literally no one who can cover my shift unless someone works a double. Or calls off on their other job. Razz

Just feeling sorry for myself a little. I'm not looking forward to 8+ hours on my feet when my back, hips and right knee are in agony, or dealing with customers and co-workers when my throat is on fire and my head is in such pain. I'm going to talk to my boss when I get in and say I am there, but with the disclaimer that I may not be as on the ball as usual. She'll just have to get over it. At least I'm showing up and doing something. She wouldn't be in this position if she'd just hire enough damn people to cover all the shifts instead of running a skeleton crew. *sigh* Rant over.
HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job Empty Re: I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job

Post  Chubbalumpakis Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Personally I'd call out anyways for several reasons.

1) You're in no condition to work today.
2) You work in the food industry and if you're seriously sick it could possibly contagious. And self-respecting restaurant would send you home immediately or risk losing their license because of the health department.
3) I think you've sacrificed quite enough of your time and energy for that place. Let someone else bust their ass for a day.

[/twocents]
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job Empty Re: I wish wish wish wish wish I could find a job

Post  General Specific Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm

I know it's really late, but I agree with Chubbs 100%
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Arrrgh! Was actually literally told by my boss "be sure and take lots of vitamin c, we're already short handed tomorrow, I really need you to be here!"

#$$@%$#!

Maybe a miracle will happen and I'll feel better tomorrow? I have a standing rule for myself- if I run a fever or I throw up I DON'T go to work. I figure fever means something serious, and throwing up and food service are a bad combination.

I agree that working sick is a bad idea, for myself but also for everyone around me. You'd think a boss would be grateful to have an employee keep their germs to themselves, but nooo. Razz

We'll see how I feel in the morning.
HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Called in today. I feel worse than yesterday, my voice is gone, and I barely made it through yesterday as it was. I told (texted, no voice remember) my boss that I was very sorry, but I just couldn't do it today. I can't talk, my throat is on fire, my head is pounding, my face hurts etc... Maybe I can go tomorrow if I rest today. Then if I can make it through I have 2 days off to recover.

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down