KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

52 Weeks - 50 Books

2 posters

Go down

52 Weeks - 50 Books Empty 52 Weeks - 50 Books

Post  ZombieJoe Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 pm

This idea spawned from the summer trend of our department posting a "what the coaches are reading" list on our site. They included some non-coaches as well. They as for the one or two books that we were reading that summer. My reply was, "What about next week?" So it was a challenge to myself to keep up the speed of my reading along with working on the manuscript. So 52 Weeks - one book a week and two weeks off for "vacation" bringing me to 50 books this year. In On Writing Stephen King stated he read around 75 a year including audiobooks (although he stated only the unabridged "counted").

I figured 50 was not out of line. I have since added an addendum to include audiobooks (if I listen to the whole thing) and game manuals that are the same size or larger than your average novel. Partially this is due to the fact I am running D&D Encounters (like Friday Night Magic but for D&D players) for a local store here and need to keep up on the content for that season - usually relating to whatever campaign setting or the like is coming out that quarter.

Here is my list with links to any reviews I have done on them...

http://zombiejoe.wordpress.com/52-weeks/
ZombieJoe
ZombieJoe
No Life

Back to top Go down

52 Weeks - 50 Books Empty Re: 52 Weeks - 50 Books

Post  maron Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Some of these books look pretty interesting
I will have to be on the look out for some of them
maron
maron
Exorcised...

http://heavenlymaron.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZombieJoe Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:56 pm

At least a couple live around your area and you could get copies signed at book signings in DFW. Wink
ZombieJoe
ZombieJoe
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum