KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean

4 posters

Go down

Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean Empty Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean

Post  Zod the everliving Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:35 pm

>:-(

Bought season 2 on DVD coz I never really got to watch any episodes before and thought it was a fun idea.

clearly a brainfart on my part.
FIRST, because if these jackasses ever did find any of the alleged monsters, it'd be all over the news!

SECOND, nobody's going to find any of these damned things coz they're mostly dead being based on legends from 50-100 years ago!

anyway, it's just a long rehash of frustrations for every episode.
I"m actually thinking of making a card game based on it in my spare time.
basically, something where every player seeks out a monster and you play cards to foil the other player from finding it first.
Things like.. oh.. the elements that constantly plague every episode:
Faulty equipment
bad weather
retarded eye witnesses
local land laws
etc etc etc

anyways.. not to troll with spoilers but in all fairness they do find two so-called monsters.
A shark (greenland shark) that lives in freshwater miles upriver and possibly in lakes.
An anomaly, sure.. but a monster?

and some eels in a lake.

WHERE ARE YOU BIGFOOT!

STOP HIDING FROM ME DAMMIT! I NEED YOU OH GENTLE GUARDIAN OF THE GREEN!!

*beats his tomtoms*

*...and his drums* *snickers*

Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean Empty Re: Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean

Post  Mountebank Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Vampy likes the ghost-hunty type shows (only the American ones, the British ones are terrible). I can't really get into them, mostly because I don't believe in the supernatural, but also because if they did find anything concrete it would be all over the news and be public knowledge well before the show was transmitted.

The best result they seem to get is "there was a noise which doesn't appear to be a creaky floorboard or dodgy waterpipe. And it's off to another adventure!"
Mountebank
Mountebank
The Master

Back to top Go down

Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean Empty Re: Want's to push MonsterQuest into the ocean

Post  General Specific Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:47 am

I was watching one of those shows (Monster Quest) earlier today. They were researching the whole Rods thing. The people behind the Rod theory were so adamant that they could not possibly be insects or birds or other fast moving objects, even after presented with indisputable proof that cameras can produce that very thing.

It's this kinda of backwards thinking that has plagued mankind for centuries. We can't readily explain something, so it must be an alien or demon or what have you. Even after we arrive at a plausible explanation, there are people who still refuse to believe anything but their own wild theories.

It's why legends such as the Loch Ness Monster are continually perpetuated in modern times when we should know better by now.
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Zod the everliving Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 pm

General Specific wrote:I was watching one of those shows (Monster Quest) earlier today. They were researching the whole Rods thing. The people behind the Rod theory were so adamant that they could not possibly be insects or birds or other fast moving objects, even after presented with indisputable proof that cameras can produce that very thing.

It's this kinda of backwards thinking that has plagued mankind for centuries. We can't readily explain something, so it must be an alien or demon or what have you. Even after we arrive at a plausible explanation, there are people who still refuse to believe anything but their own wild theories.

It's why legends such as the Loch Ness Monster are continually perpetuated in modern times when we should know better by now.

it's always nice to on occasion daydream that these cryptids 'do' exist and I'm sure some of them do.. or did.... honestly maybe a lot of them did exist at one time.
But the more time passes the more it's hard to believe they do anymore.
Honestly, how old must my beloved bigfoot be by now anyway?
I liked the native americans idea that Bigfoot and his fellow bigfoots.. bigfeet?.. sasquatches are more than likely guardians of the green or spirits of the wood and most possibly are vanishing due to man's continued encroachment on virgin (hurr hurrr hurr) lands.
(sorry Tiq.. looks like your last chance for mating is going away. *snickers*)

but you never know.. someday someone somewhere will get proof positive of something awesome and shut us all up.. and wouldnt that be a sad day indeed? to have the mystery siphoned out of a legend.
Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Post  gnurd Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:19 pm

I remember seeing one episode about a guy making a big deal about getting bitten by a pike. Pike are big fish. They will bite you if you step on them. The end.

And as for the ghost hunter shows, I enjoy when they listen to the static they recorded and try so very hard to find words in there. If I listened hard enough to the sound of my computer fans, I could probably find words, too.
gnurd
gnurd
No Life

http://www.skippinginfinity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum