KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

darn you harry potter

5 posters

Go down

darn you harry potter Empty darn you harry potter

Post  Kid-spider2099 Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Reading the harry potter books ruins (especially the later books) me for smaller books. I can now only really long books.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

darn you harry potter Empty Re: darn you harry potter

Post  RowanFalar Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm

May I recommend The Stand by Stephen King? Or The Talisman co-written with Peter Straub? Both are epic tales, and relatively light on the horror.

Those two will keep you busy for a while.
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Kid-spider2099 Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

RowanFalar wrote:May I recommend The Stand by Stephen King? Or The Talisman co-written with Peter Straub? Both are epic tales, and relatively light on the horror.

Those two will keep you busy for a while.

i'll have look into that.

Right now i'm reading Night of the living trekkies which is about a zombie outbreak at a star trek convention. It's pretty good but not to big. When i get done i'll go back to the skin map.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  RowanFalar Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Of course you can have unlimited reading if you get into fanfic. Pick a genre, show, book, etc, and you'll have a never ending supply of fiction to read. Of course sorting the wheat from the chaff is a little time cosuming... Rolling Eyes
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  ZombieJoe Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Have you considered just series? Even if they are only 350 pages or so, there is another in the series once you are done with it. Also, have you considered why you are attributing the length of a book to it's quality of content?

Keep in mind that except for rare instances your average scifi or paranormal book will be around 90000 words. Even the average epic fantasy is around 125 to 150k. So you are limiting yourself to a small percentage of the science fiction/fantasy section out there. Just sayin'...
ZombieJoe
ZombieJoe
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Try David Eddings- he tends to write long series.

The Belgariad and The Mallorean are 5 books each, and are really the same series. The Ellenium and the Tamuli are 3 books each and also the same series as each other. There's a couple more series by him I believe.

The first book in the Belgariad is Pawn of Prophesy. The first one in the Ellenium is The Diamond Throne.

Series are fun Smile
HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Chubbalumpakis Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 pm

George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series is excellent and a highly recommended Fantasy read. I picked up the first book Game of Thrones on a whim and loved it so much I immediately went out and bought the other 3 books. I'm eagerly awaiting the 5th book Dance With Dragons which is supposed to come out next Christmas.
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down