KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is it folks.

+3
HeavenlyMayday
maron
Chubbalumpakis
7 posters

Go down

This is it folks. Empty This is it folks.

Post  Chubbalumpakis Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 am

4 more days left of Civilian life. On Sunday I stay the night at a hotel and get bus'd in to MEPS in the morning. And by 10 o'clock on Monday (Or so I'm told) I'll be taking my final oath and be on my way to Great Lakes IL for my first day of Basic training.

Most of me is excited...but I find myself getting more and more nervous each day. There's lots of information I need to know for Basic training, such as the 11 General Orders of a Sentry, the Sailor's Creed, etc. And I'm confident I'll be fine there. But what I am really nervous about is the physical side. I mean I've lost all the weight I need to and I'm at or near all the requirements for my age range but I'll be doing all this alongside a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds fresh out of High School who have been doing Football or Track their whole lives. I can't help but worry if I'm going to stack up.

Now my recruiter did make me feel a bit better by stating "Look if you weren't worried, something would be wrong. Ultimately, Turner, you need to understand that this isn't going to be easy. But as long as you show that you want to succeed and that you want to graduate Basic, your RMCs and your shipmates aren't going to let you fall. If you have even an ounce of drive left the Navy isn't going to allow you to fail because they want you to succeed just as much as you do." So me being nervous is natural but I can't help but be worried too.

Anyways I'm rambling now. I'm leaving to see some extended family on Friday and my folks are dropping me off at the Hotel on Sunday so this may be my last post for quite some time. I thank all of you for your support and well wishes and hopefully by the time I can make another post I'll be a Seaman Recruit (E-1) or better. Wish me luck!

*hugs for all*

Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

This is it folks. Empty Re: This is it folks.

Post  maron Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 pm

*hugs*
I know you will do great but good luck all the same.
maron
maron
Exorcised...

http://heavenlymaron.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 pm

*thumbs up* Proud of you dude!
HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  gnurd Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Way to go, man. If you get leave during basic to hang out in Chicago, I'll come find you for a laser-high-five.
gnurd
gnurd
No Life

http://www.skippinginfinity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RowanFalar Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:53 pm

With the drive and motivation that you have, I know that you'll get through it. You don't have to be "the best". You just have to strive to accomplish your personal best.
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Chubbalumpakis Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:29 pm

HOLY CRAP! This place has interwebz? Hehehe heya folks. Sorry I have to be brief but it's pay by the minute here until I get to A-School. Just letting you know that I freaking made it through and we'll be graduating from Boot Camp this Friday! After that I get sent off to A-School and should be up and running online shortly thereafter and throughout my 5-Week stay. So letting everyone know that I'm doing great and can't wait for Friday! Love you guys!
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  General Specific Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Awesome, good job, man!
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Chubbalumpakis Sun May 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Well here I am, folks. All settled in at A-School in Meridian, MS. I haven't got my cell phone or laptop yet but my roommate was nice enough to let me borrow his real quick. It's wonderful here. The base is out in the country so it's real airy and woodsy out here. I love it. Right now it's really hot but otherwise it's nice. Right now I'm in the Indoc process and after that I'll get on a class schedule. What's really nice is the rate I'm in is a self-paced class so if I bust my ass I can be done in 2 weeks. By the end of this week I should have full liberty and be able to wear civilian clothes. As of now I'm stuck in unifoms but that's not as bad as it sounds. I'm just loving the level of freedom we have compared to Basic Training. But I'll close with I'm still doing well and can't wait to finish. Love you guys!

-PSSR Turner
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Mon May 02, 2011 6:53 am

Have fun down there Chubbs!! My ex-fiancee lives there in meridian, MS. It's a nice little town and only 1.5 hours away from where I went to undergrad! Smile
Willow
Willow
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down