KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bin Laden is dead

4 posters

Go down

Bin Laden is dead Empty Bin Laden is dead

Post  General Specific Sun May 01, 2011 10:35 pm

So, I'm sure everyone has heard by now, Bin Laden was killed by a US Special Forces assault and his body was recovered. Also, no Americans were hurt in the action.

It feels weird to like the death of someone. I guess it's the knowledge that even though Bin Laden is dead, the war is probably going to intensify. It possibly will put people like Chubbs and my brother into harm's way. So, a sobered satisfaction.

I do want to extend my congratulations on a job well done by our military.
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Bin Laden is dead Empty Re: Bin Laden is dead

Post  HeavenlyMayday Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 am

"Ding dong the witch is dead" has been ringing in my head for hours now....

Scary thing is though, in the Wizard of Oz the death of the witch was just the beginning, all it really accomplished was to piss of her sister and set Dorothy on a perilous journey. Wonder if anyone can find the slippers and start wishing for peace...?

I'm glad he's gone, the suffering he's caused was atrocious, but I'm worried that more people are just going to step into his shoes and pick up where he left off. I hate that there are such evil people in the world. It makes me sick to think that greed, hatred, fear, anger and ignorance are robbing us of some of our finest and bravest. I pray for the day that it's not necessary any more, I pray for the lives and families and loved ones of our service members. I pray for our country. I pray for all of the innocent people that are just trying to live their lives who are dying in some war that they don't have any choice in. I pray for peace.

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Chubbalumpakis Mon May 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Everyone was really excited here on base. And as great as it is that he's dead I know that it isn't going to change anything. Put aside the fact that someone will just end up stepping into Bin Laden's shoes, the fact remains that there are too many affiliate groups who're are still looking to do harm to us just for being American.

That being said, even though I have just a desk job, I'm proud and honored to be doing my part to protect my family and my country. I just hope that the peace we all pray for comes soon.
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiq Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 am

Definitely not something I expected to read when I woke up the other day... On the one hand I'm sort of pleased that a moronic dirtbag like that is no longer with us, but on the other hand I know extremists only tend to ascend to martyrdom when theyre killed, so I don't know if his death will just make the rest of his little band of morons, even more determined than they where before.
Tiq
Tiq
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down