KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween true spooky story time!

4 posters

Go down

Halloween true spooky story time! Empty Halloween true spooky story time!

Post  Zod the everliving Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Halloween!
time for telling spooky stories.
But not any of the corny fictional ones.
I know half a you geeks and nerds (myself included, natch) believe in ghosts.
It's practically a requirement.

So let's hear some encounters with the supernatural
Hell, it doesnt even have to be ghosts, anything supernatural will do.
Bigfoot, crawling limbs, phantom phone calls from the past, Gramma's apple pie took over my cat's brain, etc.

eh. Unfortunately, while I believe in ghosts or whatever you wish to call them these days
(even ghosts got pc on us) I have never really had a true encounter with them.
(save for one so mild it's had to classify as such)
But I can share stories of other people close to me who have.

ahem..

When I was a kid, about hrm.. about eleven, maybe ten, we'd all just moved into our first house together.
One night, the first week into it, my youngest sister saw an old man standing in the doorway.
This door led right into my parents' room.
So she sees this old dude, and he's smiling at her.
Not a creepy smile .. strangely enough.. I mean if a phantom old dude smiles at you in bed, how can that not be creepy, right?
So she sees him and is remarkably not afraid, I dont think she really comprehended what she was looking at.
She points at him and wakes up my youngest brother who was still sleeping with my folks in the adjacent room.
He sees it too.
Eventually the old man walked away but it turned out it was ("supposedly" (for you non believers out there.)) the old man who'd died there.
he'd lived there his whole life and loved children.
My parents contacted the former owners as the sale was pretty recent.
Apparently, the old guy approved of the new full and happy family settling into his old place.
Kinda' nice, not too spooky one.

I'll share another more spooky encounter or two after some others have (hopefully) gone.

Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Halloween true spooky story time! Empty Re: Halloween true spooky story time!

Post  RowanFalar Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 pm

When I was younger, I was dating a guy who lived with his mom (he was helping support her at the time). He had the upper floor, while his mom had the main floor. The first time I stayed over at his place, I had gone upstairs to his room on my own. I felt this presence. It was female, angry and unwelcoming.

I RAN down the stairs, yelling my boyfriend's name. He came upstairs and explained that the housemaid was murdered in the house at the turn of the (19th) century. He very sternly addressed his bedroom and told her that I was a GUEST of his and she could just shove off.

I never felt her again.

Then there was the time me and Moppet went to a playdate with one of her pre-school classmates. She was about 4 at the time. They were playing outside, while the other mom and I visited. When it was time for Moppet and her friend to come in for a snack, Moppet was the last one into the house. She waited, holding the screen door open. When I asked her to come in, she said that she was "waiting for Nathan to come in". There were no other children there.

After their snack, the girls went outside to play again. Through talking with the mom, I got the whole story of when her eldest child was killed when her father backed his truck into him in the driveway. It had been about 6 years since the accident. He was 4 years old when he died. His name was Nathan.

Yep, my daughter sees (or saw) dead people.
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Zod the everliving Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:25 pm

that is so awesome.

What is it about children that they can see spirits better than others?

Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Post  RowanFalar Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Much fewer barriers and no lifetime of being told "that's not real". We're taught from a very young age that magic isn't real, that the Tooth Fairy, Faerie tales, and Santa DO exist until we are told to "grow up".

It's contradictory, and confusing and disheartening for our children. We tell them to BELIEVE in concepts like Santa Claus, Faeries and magic when they're young so that they can believe in concepts like Justice, Peace and Equality, which, let's face are much more difficult to believe in nowadays.
RowanFalar
RowanFalar
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  General Specific Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:01 am

not a spooky story, but it goes with the conversation

General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:19 am

That's a sad song gen. I know it, so I'm not going to listen to it again.

Anyways, recently we went hiking out at Honey Creek Nature Preserve in the Big South Fork area around here. It's an amazing trail...you should do it if you're in the area. In one section of the trail there's a path between two huge rocks and I could feel this area pulsing with energy. I walk around one of the rocks to the other side but I find a nearly complete fairy ring of the blackest mushrooms I've ever seen. I didn't see them at first but I was forced to stop before getting to them. I don't know what was there, but it was not good.

There is also something under my house. Not sure what, but it doesn't seem nefarious and doesn't really want to come into the house, so I'm OK with it down there.

I've also encountered a water nymph on another trail. I felt her out in the lake, she was upset about the marina in her lake and the fact that it had been dammed.

I've been practicing my sensing of entities, trying to get back that sense of the paranormal. I can't yet communicate with them and I can't always tell what they are. But I'm getting better Very Happy
Willow
Willow
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Zod the everliving Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:00 pm

this was a friend of mine's favorite ghost story to tell.
Mostly cause of how it plays out and.. well.. you listen for yourself.
Gave me chills when it didn't make me laugh out loud.
Background.
Three friends of mine: Herb, Greg and Jason.

all three are teenagers, Herb lives with his mom and her current boyfriend.
I forget his name but he was some dude from Africa.
Normally the boyfriend isn't integral to the story but we'll get to that in a bit.

So Herb, Greg and Jason are in the living room watching tv late one night.
Herb sees someone.. peeking out at him from the foyer.
Every-time he looks, the face ducks back out quickly. Too quickly to get a good look at him.
Herb gets up, checks over there to see if someone broke in as he does not live in a good neighborhood.
There is nobody in the foyer. There is no way in or out of the kitchen without passing thru the living room. and there is no window in the foyer.
Herb shrugs it off, goes back to sit..
Again, from the corner of his eye he spies it peeking at him, best he can make out it is a black figure of some sort.
He tries to see it again, it ducks away.
This goes on for a while, eventually Herb shrugs it off as his young brain being a bit daffy.
As the night goes on, he notices Greg is constantly checking over his shoulder at the foyer.
Greg asks Herb, "yo, uh.. do you got someone in the next room?"
Sure enough, Greg is seeing the same figure, he confirms it's appearance and it's unusual peekaboo tendencies.
Suddenly, Greg and Herb look over at Jason who has been strangely quiet.
He's crying, why? coz he's been seeing it all night too and is now terrified.

They console Jason best that teenage boys can do and talk about it with some ferver.
Suddenly Herb's mother walks in, she goes to the kitchen has a soda and overhears them talking.
what does she say to them?
"You talking about that peeking fucka from the next room?"

LOL.

Jason went home, Greg and Herb stayed up all night playing Street fighter or some video game or another. Funny what you come to accept after a while.
sometime later as Greg and Herb relayed this story to me a few pieces of the peekaboo spirit came to light.
see, the boyfriend from Africa was a bit on the harsh and odd side. He forbade anyone from going into the foyer and had this massive black wooden shelving/hutch/cabinetry in there of which he brought from Africa.
Turns out he also was into black magic.

We'd never gotten any closer to unraveling the mystery as that guy had long since been gone.
But it's not hard to make some pretty good and fun guesses as to what it could've been.

Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down