KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You knew it was going to happen eventually...

+8
Zod the everliving
Mountebank
Domina
RowanFalar
StopBeingCute
General Specific
Kid-spider2099
Chubbalumpakis
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You knew it was going to happen eventually... - Page 2 Empty Re: You knew it was going to happen eventually...

Post  StopBeingCute Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I think the Twilight series would irk me less if it had stayed a tween trend. What I find most annoying (and a bit disturbing) is how popular it became with older married women. When your tween child comes home from school and tells you she almost got detention from her teacher for making fun of Twilight, something is wrong. These women would get better results if they traded in their Edward/Jacob t-shirts for one that reads, "My husband can't find my clitoris. Please send help!"

I haven't read the books. I don't intend to read the books. Ever. Browsing through a couple chapters online was enough for me to know it wasn't for me. I was forced to sit through the first movie. I don't intend to see it again, or any others for that matter. (I do, however, wish I could get paid the big bucks to stutter, make stupid faces, and stare blankly like Kristen Stewart.)

I just content myself with the fact that soon enough the whole stupid fad will die a "vegetarian", baseball-playing, sparkling in the sunlight death.
StopBeingCute
StopBeingCute
No Life

https://www.facebook.com/t0t4lg33k

Back to top Go down

You knew it was going to happen eventually... - Page 2 Empty Re: You knew it was going to happen eventually...

Post  General Specific Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

You knew it was going to happen eventually... - Page 2 Twilight-moms
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  StopBeingCute Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Thank you, Gen. You illustrated perfectly what's most wrong with Twilight.
StopBeingCute
StopBeingCute
No Life

https://www.facebook.com/t0t4lg33k

Back to top Go down

Post  Chubbalumpakis Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:56 pm

This comic right here pretty much sums up my feelings on Twilight. That and Applegeeks is funny.

You knew it was going to happen eventually... - Page 2 Issue552
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Chubbalumpakis Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:56 pm

ZombieJoe wrote:While not a fan of Twilight, there is a flaw in your argument. Sunlight killing vampires is not a constant. Dracula was written to become weak in sunlight losing most of his power, but was not killed by it.

Ah. I never knew that. Still...we'll say most Vampire mythology says that sunlight kills them. And it still doesn't take away from the fact that Meyer turned Vampires into a bunch of sniveling, whiny, emo-boys with a penchant for sparkly lotion and chapstick.
Chubbalumpakis
Chubbalumpakis
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountebank Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

You knew it was going to happen eventually... - Page 2 Buffy-stakes-Edward-twilight-vs-buffy-5564514-320-295

I watched the first film out of morbid curiosity. I avoided the subsequent film(s). And I haven't read the books because I'm, y'know, an adult. And male. The biggest crime of the film was that it was dull. Vampires are the risen dead, compelled to drink the blood of the living, damned to eternal night, hated and feared by those that once loved them. Twilight made that concept boring. It's like the Transformers films - how can a movie with giant robots that can turn into other mechanical objects induce such yawns?

edit: Although I do find it difficult to hate the lead actors. When the last film came out, I heard a segment on the radio where the hosts were stating that when they're interviewed, they gush over the film & author. When the cameras & mikes are off, both actors go on about how the movies suck, how much they regret signing the contracts, and that Stephanie Myer is fucking crazy.
Mountebank
Mountebank
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm one of those weirdos that don't love or hate the twilight stuff.

I DO think obsessed twilight moms are ridiculous. I DO think the sparkly thing is STUPID. But I can sit through it without wanting to gouge my own eyes out.

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  LyingBastard Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Chubbalumpakis wrote:
ZombieJoe wrote:While not a fan of Twilight, there is a flaw in your argument. Sunlight killing vampires is not a constant. Dracula was written to become weak in sunlight losing most of his power, but was not killed by it.

Ah. I never knew that. Still...we'll say most Vampire mythology says that sunlight kills them. And it still doesn't take away from the fact that Meyer turned Vampires into a bunch of sniveling, whiny, emo-boys with a penchant for sparkly lotion and chapstick.

Well, Anne Rice did half the work on that one.
LyingBastard
LyingBastard
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kid-spider2099 Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Most of the vampire tv shows and movie follow the sunlight kills thing. the only ones i can think of that didn't do that are twilight and moonlight.
Kid-spider2099
Kid-spider2099
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  ZombieJoe Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:58 am

KS, the biggest one is Bram Stokers Dracula. The book that most of this plays off of.

For anyone if you want a taste of what vampires that Stoker wrote about are like with a little commentary on what they have become, read Blood Groove by Alex Bledsoe. Takes a vampire from WWII era and brings him back in 1975 Memphis.
ZombieJoe
ZombieJoe
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum