KryptonKrewmembers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate my job

+2
Zod the everliving
HeavenlyMayday
6 posters

Go down

I hate my job Empty I hate my job

Post  HeavenlyMayday Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:41 am

I really do. And it's starting to wear on me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the work that bothers me, it's the way things are done (or not done) that's getting to me.

I enjoy cooking, I love people and all the rest is not that bad- I'm getting paid to work so I get it done.

Problem is when the manager does nothing to fix any of the problems that come up. We have 2 crock pot things, which is fine most days, we keep a pot of green chili and that's about it. But sundays we have 5 different things we need to keep hot, and only 2 places to put them. 2 pots of gravy, mashed potatoes, a veggie and green chili. How am I supposed to work with that? Only option is to put the extra pots over pilot lights on the burners or set them on the grill- which means everything is unevenly heated or burned on the bottom or dried up and nothing is as hot as it's supposed to be.

Scheduling wise- we have only 2 people willing/able to work saturday nights (one of them is me go figure) when we need 3 to get everything done and cover the front for her side work. So we keep falling short on Saturday and getting all sorts of flak for it when we're understaffed. And God forbid I want one Saturday a month off- never mind that the other person who's supposed to work saturdays hasn't worked one in 2 months. Ugh.

There are people who are consistiently not doing their jobs with no consequences. The woman who has the choicest schedule/position in the store does NOTHING on her shift. She's supposed to clean the bathrooms and keep everything stocked and we;re all taking up her slack and doing the work so the customers can get what they need and the boss is encouraging it cause she doesn;t want to deal with this lady. It's frustrating- I would LOVE her job and I would DO IT RIGHT. Unlike her. (She works 8-3 or 4 on the front register, she has less to do than any other shift and refuses to do it)

After nearly 2 years at this place I am still making minimum wage.

Nepotism is running rampant- my boss's 16 year old son makes more money than I do, and the only reason she has the job is because her husband used to have it, hired her and trained her then left for another job. Only reason he had it is his father owns the building, and so on...

I can't take it any more, I want out so bad but I CAN'T leave- I'm the only income we have. The stress is making me sick though, and my good nature and love for humanity is being eroded away. People have been talking about me behind my back and saying things that I feel are totally unfounded, I've been getting lectures and blame for things for the simple fact that I am the easiest person for my boss to chastise- I'm not confrontational so I don't talk back and just stand there and take responsibility like the idiotic door mat that I am...

Sorry for the novel, I just really had to vent. I don't know what to do because sometime very soon, something is going to happen and I'm going to crack and loose it and I can't afford for that to happen.

I just want to work somewhere where things are done right and I can be proud, is that too much to ask?
HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

I hate my job Empty Re: I hate my job

Post  Zod the everliving Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Sorry to hear things are so sucky on the job front. I can really relate. This last week has had me uber tense.
Zod the everliving
Zod the everliving
KNEEL!

Back to top Go down

Post  gnurd Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 pm

You could always storm out yelling, "I've had it! I'm gonna start my own diner!"
gnurd
gnurd
No Life

http://www.skippinginfinity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountebank Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Job hunt, and find something better?
Mountebank
Mountebank
The Master

Back to top Go down

Post  chibibar Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm

I say start looking for other job. I know you are the only income earner, but if you are stressing out too much, there might not no income earner Sad

I personally would stop covering other co-worker's job if they are not doing anything and let the boss know. You can only do so much. If the co-worker doesn't return the favor then why cover her tasks?

chibibar
Trying Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  General Specific Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Schedule a meeting with your boss and tell him all of your concerns. If nothing happens, contact the BBB or OSHA. Do it anonymously if you want. If you are constantly short staffed, that is a problem. If you are picking up extra work and not being fairly compensated for it, that is a problem.

Like everyone else said, try to find a new job as well. I know it's more stress on top, but if you have 2 years of experience in this and you're pretty much running the place by yourself, then someone else around will be interested.

Lastly, we are always here and will listen if nothing else. *hugs*
General Specific
General Specific
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavenlyMayday Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks for the love and support guys, it means a lot to me to be able to have a place to vent and get things off my chest.

I agree, I need to find another job. Easier said than done in such a rural area, but needs to be done. I can't keep this up. I'm just making myself sick with stress and frustration and I just can't keep that up indefinitely.

HeavenlyMayday
HeavenlyMayday
Thock!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down